CHOI & KIM

구성원 소개

K.M. Choi

페이지 정보

작성자 법무법인세경 작성일-1-11-30 00:00 조회101회 댓글0건

본문

Career

Korea University, College of Law(LL.B. 2006)

Pusan National University, School of Law(J.D. 2014)

Korea University, Graduate School(LL.M., Commercial Law, 2014)

Korea University, Graduate School(Ph.D course, Commercial Law, 2020)

Swansea University, LLM, International Maritime Law(2022) 

Member: Korean Bar Association; Seoul Bar Association

Choi & Kim(2014 – Present)

Writings and Treatise

“A study on Guaranty Insurance”

Regular contributor to the maritime column of Korea Shipping Gazette (2023 – Present) 

Practice Areas and Cases

Shipping – Dry Matter

▪ Advised on and represented in matters of bill of lading, charterparty, joint operation agreement, terminal agreement, ship management agreement, and other variations of contracts as well as standard terms and conditions

Oil Pollution 

▪ Represented the shipowners of oil tanker “W” and her P&I Club upon her allision with the oil berth in Yeosu and the resulting oil spill

▪ Represented the shipowners of oil tanker “S” and her P&I Club upon her collision with a vessel in the exclusive economic zone and the resulting fire and oil spillage

▪ Advised the shipowners of vessel “S” and her P&I Club upon her grounding in the Solomon Islands and the resulting oil spillage

Fire/Explosion

▪ Represented the shipowners of chemical tanker “H” and her P&I Club in relation to her explosion

▪ Represented the shipowners of car carrier “A” and her P&I Club in relation to a fire that occurred in the Pacific Ocean

▪ Represented the shipowners of container carrier “K” and her P&I Club in relation to a fire

▪ Represented the shipowners of container carrier “K” and her P&I Club in relation to a fire that occurred in Thailand

Collision/Allision

▪ Represented the shipowners and P&I Club in relation to a number of collision cases

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “S” and her P&I Club in relation to the allision with a berth in Port Gwangyang

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “G” and her P&I Club in relation to the allision with a berth of Port Busan

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “C” and her P&I Club in relation to the collision with another vessel and the resulting allision with a berth of Port Ulsan

Sinking/Grounding/Wreck

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “E” and her P&I Club in relation to her sinking, oil removal, and wreck removal order

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “O” and her P&I Club in relation to her grounding and her removal

▪ Represented the shipowners of car carrier “G” and her P&I Club in relation to her sinking in the Pacific Ocean

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “S” and her P&I Club in relation to her grounding in Brazil 

Cargo Claims & Mis-delivery Claims

▪ Represented the shipowners of car carrier “G” and her P&I Club in relation to a cargo shift incident in Germany

▪ Represented company “H” as a major party to the “Mis-delivery Incident” in relation to merchant trade of Japanese scrap iron

▪ Advised on and represent in various cargo claim matters such as off-spec incidents of tanker carriers 

▪ Advised on and represent in various demurrages/detentions claims 

Shipping – Miscellaneous

▪ Represented the shipowners of vessel “G” and her P&I Club in relation to cocaine smuggling in vessel “G”

▪ Advise on and represent in various ship arrests and/or auction of vessel cases

▪ Advise on and represent in various crew claims

▪ Represented the bankruptcy/rehabilitation creditors and bankruptcy/rehabilitation mortgagees in cases of bankruptcy/rehabilitation proceedings of a domestic shipping company/shipyard

▪ Advise in relation to Marine Transportation Act and P&I Club Act

▪ Advised and represented a domestic shipping company in business succession matters

Shipbuilding 

▪ Advise on and represent in matters of shipbuilding contracts and Refund Guarantees

▪ Advise on and represent in a number of matters of defects in vessels

▪ Represented company “K”, which owns patents in cargo holds for LNG vessels

Insurance 

▪ Advised and represented (re)insurance company in various matters that range from D&O insurance, fire insurance, reinsurance, etc.

International Commercial Disputes

▪ Represent in international commercial arbitrations

▪ Represent in enforcement procedures of foreign arbitral awards and/or foreign court judgments

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.